Free Push Notification plugins on your website from wordpress
5 Best Push Desktop Notifications Plugins Free in wordpress
Increase engagement and drive more repeat traffic to your WordPress site with desktop push notifications. Now supporting Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Supports Chrome (Desktop & Android), Safari (Mac OS X), and Firefox (Desktop) on both HTTP and HTTPS sites.
- Automatic Notifications – Send notifications to followers every time you publish a new post. Or set up a reminder that gets automatically sent to them if they haven’t visited for a few days.
- Targeting Segments – Send notifications to specific visitors based on language, number of times they’ve visited your blog, or even set up your own user attributes that you can target.
- Opt-In Customization – Choose when and how to ask your visitors to opt-in to browser notifications. Customize the prompt they first see.
- Real Time Analytics – See your notifications being delivered in real time, and watch them as they convert into visitors.
- A/B Testing – Try out different messages to a smaller set of your visitors to figure out which messages are more effective and then send the more effective message to the rest of your visitors!
- Scheduled Notifications – Schedule notifications to be delivered in the future, based on a user’s time zone, or even based on the same time of day they last visited your website.
All completely free. No fees or limitations.
Send push notifications to your visitors! Uses the W3C Push API.
Once you’ve installed and configured this plugin, anyone visiting your site/app in browsers that support the W3C Push API (Firefox and Chrome, at the time of writing) will be asked whether they want to receive notifications from your site. You will immediately be able to send push notifications to anyone who consents.
Configure the plugin in the Settings > Web Push section of your WordPress installation. Here you can set various pieces of configuration, including:
- The title for push notifications that appear from your site
- When to attempt to register your visitor for push notifications (e.g. after how many visits)
- Which types of events should trigger push notifications (e.g. new posts, comments, updates to posts)
N.B.: This plugin requires your website to be served via HTTPS. Indeed, for security reasons, browsers enforce the HTTPS policy for the Push API and for Service Workers.
- Download and install the plugin from the WordPress.org plugin directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
Follow these additional steps for setting up GCM (Google Chrome) support. In the Settings > Web Push section of your WordPress installation are configuration settings for this plugin; there you will find additional information for setting up GCM.
WPPush | Send push notifications to your visitors computer. Works on both chrome & safari and we are working on firefox.
Your website can now send notifications to your visitors. When your visitors hit your website they will see a prompt asking you if you’d like to receive your latest updates. If accepted you will be able to send push notifications whether they have the browser open or not.
The power of push notifications.
NO SECURE SERVER NEEDED
“App-developers have done it again they bring growth hacking tools to small businesses, blogs & hobbyist”
For years we have been talking about the power of push notifications used by apps. Now you can bring this power to your web site and mobile site.
Your visitors have no add ons to install.
Chrome notifications are sent directly to users chrome browser
Safari notifications are sent directly to users safari browser
You can now translate the popup in the settings page. Easily translate the Push notification request.
WPPush : * Easy to use * Can be Integrated in to any wordpress website/blog * Has No heavy costs like SMS marketing * Mobile friendly (android only) * Notification center for your site * Brings back visitors to your site * Helps engage better with your clients & visitors * Automatic push notification sent on creation of a new post
The notification center – Let your visitors easily find your latest push notifications thanks to our in-site notification center.
Engage & delight your readers with Safari Push Notifications sent directly to their desktops, while enjoying clear stats and seamless integration.
Why Push Monkey?
Readers can be informed about your content at all times: when reading other websites or while working in other apps, with the browser closed. Even when the computer is not active – it displays all missed notifications the moment it wakes up.
Your readers don’t have to install any additional apps or plugins. They just accept receiving notifications from your website and presto!
Easily decide and control for what type of content to send out notifications. Filter by custom post type and by category for standard posts. No content clutter around here!
By default, push notifications are sent automatically when you publish a new post. This workflow doesn’t sound cool? No worries, we have a more granular filtering and custom push notifications.
The plugin provides essential usage and engagement data available directly in your WordPress dashboard so you can create the best experience for your subscribers.
Visually branded for your needs
Push Monkey is fully white-label. Your readers don’t get to see any crazy bananas from us. Your logo, your text, your rules!
Raised awareness for Mac readers not using Safari
Even if your readers visit your website using a different browser than Safari, they will see a banner letting them know that they can subscribe to Desktop Push Notifications.
Push notifications reach a sweet balance between informative and non-intrusive. They appear above all other windows and if not clicked on, disappear after a few seconds.
Super fast setup. Zero coding required
Fast and easy to set up and no coding or API configuration required. The monkeys do all the pushing so you can focus on your content and readers.
No Monkey Business
Sending notifications on a big and reliable scale is not trivial, but our solid high-availability cloud back-end has already delivered millions of notifications…and it’s not stopping here.
NOTE: Currently only Safari from OS X Mavericks (and newer) is supported. Firefox and Chrome are coming soon.
Push notifications for your website. Available in Chrome (Android and desktop) and Safari (desktop).
- Chrome Notifications – Use notifications in Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Firefox Notifications – Web Push now supported in Firefox
- Safari Web Push – Take advantage of web push (desktop push notifications)
- The Bell – On-Site notifications AND supported in all browsers (Want to know more about The Bell?)
- Auto Notifications – We take the work out of it. Automatically send notifications to your readers when creating a new post.
- Category Filters – Decide which content triggers a notification based on the category.
- Notifications on Update – Easily send notifications when updating posts.
- Notification Prompt Controls – Decide how and when the subscription prompt is shown to your visitors.
- Custom Notification Headlines – Set a custom headline for your notification to be used instead of a post title.
- bbPress Subscriptions – Allows site visitors to subscribe to forums, topics, or individual messages when posting replies.
- Detailed Analytics – Charts with detailed metrics about your visitors straight to your WordPress dashboard.
- Manual Post Mode – Send notifications for individual posts when creating. Just check the box.
- Scheduled Post Notifications – Not posting now? Don’t worry. Your alerts will go out when your content posts.
Roost account needed – Custom plans available.